Sunday, September 16, 2012


ITS ALL IN THE FAMILY

I got a call from my sister in law the other day in desperate need of a family photo for her kiddos school project.  Tiffany is a fellow photographer and she started the conversation by saying..."The cobblers kids have no shoes."  Well of course she can't take a family picture, with her in it at least.  I jumped at this opportunity because how often do you get to take pics of another photographer who will critique you and give you true constructive criticism !  Usually a client, if they are unhappy will never say so, and that makes it hard for me to do my job well.  I love every opportunity to learn and grow in photography.  You are never done learning I don't care how old you are or how good you think you are at something. With each session, I look to shoot in a new creative way and I love seeing the results each time.  Really each shoot takes on a life of its own and what I love the most is what a reflection it is of that family.  My favorite pictures out of this bunch are the ones with Jackson trying to make Logan smile & the one of my brother laughing.  It may not be your fav, but its mine because I know the sweet relationship that these two brothers have and I know how much my brother always make she laugh.  They are just precious, I hope when you are getting your portraits taken or just taking pictures of your kiddos you find the joy in the not so perfect ones, the ones where you all might not be looking at the camera or smiling, the ones that capture a moment of laughter or a interaction between sweet siblings.  Those, the unperfect ones are perfect to me.

XOXO 
www.kcbrashearphotography.com








No comments:

Post a Comment